Friday, July 25, 2008
What a day!
So I am sitting at home eating lunch with the kids (we have a table in a little area off our kitchen that has a bay window to the outside) and I look over and I see a baby deer get caught in the fence. Yes, you heard me right. It is really close to us. I am waiting for it's mama deer, but don't see it. I go outside (this thing is scared and flipping out and I have a fear that it's mama could come busting out at anytime to come get me) and try to back it up. Not so much. So I call 911. They call animal control. At this point, Frances turns her head and sees the deer. The deer is still trying to jump and I think one of it's back legs is hurt, but it is getting tired to it kind of lays down to rest. I turn my head and then hear it start screaming.... a dog was chewing on it ... really not making it up! Like I said, Frances is watching all of it (it happened too quickly for me to move her) so I go out to try to scare him away (I am on the inside of the fence and there isn't much I can do). The deer does get out and runs away. No idea how badly it is hurt and I don't know who the dog belongs to (no collar- if I see it again, I am calling animal control). Frances was flipping out and so I told her that it went away with it's mama. I mean if it didn't make it out, no idea what I would have done. Is 1:00 to early to start drinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment