Sunday, November 9, 2008
Weekend
We started off Saturday with having folks over for bourbon and bacon and then to watch the games. Basically, a pretty typical weekend of watching football. Today, the kids and I skipped church to head up to see Nana. I used to be able to get up there quite a bit, but since t has been here it has been tough to make the hour trip up there, but they have both not been sick for like two weeks (except t's usual ear infection) so I decided we needed to head up there. They did a great job on the drive up. We got there and Thomas loved the walkers and wheel chairs. He was talking to everyone and making faces at everyone. Frances was hamming it up too. This one lady was was out visiting with us. She said her daughter had just died and she had the first doll she was ever given. She brought is out and Frances rocked the baby doll and burped the baby doll (she actually burped nana too). The lady was so excited watching Frances. Before we left, we walked Nana to the lunchroom to sit at her table (she also likes for the whole room to see the kids). I told Frances to wave to everyone and she ran up to a few of the ladies and gave them big hugs. I didn't think I was going to get her out of there- they loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i miss seeing nana...i need to go up there with you the next time you go
i'm so not as cool as you are, so please fill the dork in on what "bourbon and bacon" means...
it sounds like something i need to know about.
Post a Comment