Sunday, January 30, 2011

i mean really

It has been a pretty long week and Miss Hannah and I have clocked in a lot of time at the hospital. On Wed night Rusty and I took Hannah to the emergency room (thanks mom for rushing over and I am very happy Rusty came along too because little did we know we would be staying) because we didn't like the way she sounded. Since the other two have asthma, we saw she was having some issues and didn't like the retraction that was going on in her neck....little did we know. Anyway, anytime you go to the emergency room and have one that is having trouble breathing they move you through quickly and when you have an 8 day old baby, they really move you through. When they put us in our room, they had her hooked up to check her vitals and luckily saturation levels, etc were fine even though she looked like she was having issues. The doctor said they wanted to do a few tests just to make sure that she didn't have rsv. Well she did so poor little thing had to get xrays. They also said we were staying. It appears that right now is rsv season so the usual floor we would have been on was full and they put us in a room that is used for surgery observation (calling it a room is being generous- it was really a little bigger than a closet). The good thing is the hall was quiet (except for the second night we got a screamer- poor guy looked about T's age and screamed all day and all night). The one big problem was there wasn't a bathroom so I had to get the nurse every time I had to go or if someone was in there from respiratory (don't know if that is how you spell it), etc checking on her, I would have them watch her while I ran to the bathroom (awesome). Anyway, we were sent home on Friday (luckily that meant we were home for T's b-day Saturday). Today we had a follow up and the doctor said things are still going along well. I am thankful we realized something was up and were able to get her to the emergency room when she did.

No comments: