Saturday, March 19, 2011

stubborn little dude

It has been a busy few weeks. We are in the middle of potty training T. Awesome is all I can say. Frances basically potty trained herself (her teachers told us to stop sending her in diapers because she knew what she was doing). I decided it was go time for T. He has to be trained to move to his next class. For a while he was going on the potty, but we never really worked on it. All I can say is I thought Frances was stubborn......I think she met her match with T. I kept him out of school Thursday and Friday to at least say I tried to start the process. Thursday and Friday- not good. By Saturday he refused to even get on the potty. Saturday night he finally decided he would go for me. Sunday a little better. He did okay at the beginning of the week and by the end refused again for his teachers (it appears he doesn't want to miss anything so doesn't want to take the time to stop and go). I don't know what happened, but Friday rolled around and not one accident (except for going #2 in his diaper once- Did I mention he had pink eye so we had to hold him home). I guess I should also say we went to the doc (Frances and I) on Friday for Hannah's 2 month (Frances' class was going on a field trip to a farm and with her asthma/allergies I didn't think it was a good idea for her to go). Miss Hannah is in the 50th for everything. Anyway, I told you that T had some attitude this week, I ended up taking him to the doc Friday afternoon to get his ears checked out (we still had pink eye med, but I remember them saying pink eye and ear infections sometimes go hand and hand). I would like to think some of his attitude this week was from the pain in his ears. Anyway, so far so good for the last four days (he even pooped this am and he keeps his diapers try at night and goes to the potty without being asked).

I will post our attempts to take a St Patty's Day pic and some other misc ones of the kids.

Other than that, just busy busy. Saturday we went to a funeral for a baby (just breaks my heart). One of the ladies in the office lost her son. She is so sweet and has been so good to the kids. She was 27 weeks pregnant. I couldn't even imagine what she is going through. It makes you definitely appreciate all that you have. He was a beautiful baby. Please pray for her and her family in this tough time.

No comments: