Wednesday, April 6, 2011

mom of the year

Yep, with my fantastic (definitely by the book) parenting skills, I am sure I am on the path to mom of the year. If this story doesn't push me over the edge for the award....then I am at a loss (I figured I needed to record this so when T is older and telling stories of why he ending up the way he is he has some good ones from when he was little).

As I mentioned, T is potty training. He is doing pretty well (even staying dry at night time and asking to go during the day), but is still refusing to poop. He usually waits until night time about 7ish and goes. For a few nights he decided he wanted to stick his hands in it to really see if that was what was going on--really! Luckily, he never painted his room, etc with his findings. Day 3 of this and I told Rusty I would deal with this little problem. I cleaned T up and told him he had to take a bath. I threw him in the tub and turned the cold water on. Yep, you heard me right. I got the cup out to clean him off and used cold water. All I have to say is that hasn't happened again. If he goes in his pull up, he tells us right away and shows me that his hands are clean. I mean each kid is different and you have to use different tactics with each. This appears to have done the trick.

3 comments:

EG said...

That is BRUTAL!

EG said...

Okay, posting a comment that quickly totally makes me look like a stalker, so I just have to explain that I had my Google Reader open and saw your post come up new. Not a stalker.

Elizabeth said...

Caroline, you might just have beat me in the running for Mom of the Year. However, I feel sure I am in a close second place ;-) In regards to the cold water, I say do whatever works. Jeremy playfully threatens Sarah with "cold rain" every night in the bath if she doesn't cooperate with washing her hair, and she always cooperates after that suggestion!